IFET 2012, with the theme "Advanced Food Engineering for Better Health and Safety" aims to provide a forum for dissemination and exchange of ideas and recent advances in food engineering and related technologies among food engineers, food scientists, food technologists as well as general participants both from academia and, in particular, from industry. IFET 2012 will cover a wide array of topics, including advanced food processing and packaging technologies, production of health-promoting foods and novel agro-based products as well as food safety and regulations.
IFET 2012 will feature a special format of oral sessions, in which expert speakers from both academia and industry are only by-invitation. These oral sessions will provide critical review and discussion of recent advances in food engineering and technologies related to the theme of IFET 2012. Academic lectures are planned to be given back-to-back with lectures on closely relevant topics by industrial experts.
The following broad topics are examples of the planned special oral sessions:
* Advances in Food Processing & Packaging Technologies
- Thermal Processing (e.g., drying, freezing)
- Non-Thermal Processing (e.g., high-pressure processing, pulsed electric field processing)
- Micro- and Nano-Encapsulation
- Active/Smart Packagings
* Production of Heath-Promoting Foods
- Weight Management
- Brain and Heart Health
- Gut Health
- Aging and Cancer
* Production of Novel Agro-Based Products from Rice, Cassava, Fruits and Vegetables, Aquaculture, Cellulosic Materials and Waste Utilization from Food Industry
- Innovation in Bio-Based Materials
* Food Safety & Quality
- Hygienic Design of Food Processes
- Rapid Detection of Food-Borne Pathogens
- Food Safety Regulations
- Biosensors and Chemical Sensors
- Advanced Quality Analysis of Foods (e.g., spectroscopy and image analysis)
Poster sessions will be open to all contributors and will cover all of the relevant topics.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR ONE-PAGE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR THE POSTER SESSIONS IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2011.
Sakamon Devahastin, Chair
Organizing Committee, IFET 2012
รศ. ดร.สักกมน เทพหัสดิน ณ อยุธยา
Sakamon Devahastin, Ph.D.
Department of Food Engineering
King Mongkut's Univ. of Tech. Thonburi
Bangkok 10140, Thailand
Tel.: +66 2 470 9244; Fax: +66 2 470 9240
Please visit the website frequently for updated information on the Congress.
IMPACT Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand